Your car brake pads are some of the most important parts on your vehicle. They provide the friction necessary to slow your car down from speed. In other words, they keep you safe and in control. Of course, brake pads are consumable and need to be replaced from time-to-time. When you next need to order brake pads, which should you buy?
Aren’t All Brake Pads the Same?
First, it is worth noting that not all brake pads are the same or even particularly close. When you buy performance brake kits, a big part of the upgrade comes from installing better brake pads. Some brake pads are designed for value others are designed from ultimate stopping power. Many are intended for stopping in specific temperature ranges. Understanding the differences will help you make your choice.
Top 12 Car Brake Pads
The following are 12 of the best brake pads you can buy. The order is based on the value a performance-minded person would get.
- EBC Yellow Stuff: EBC is a go-to for brakes. The Yellow Stuff brakes are designed for the fastest street use and some track days. This is a great choice for people who like to go fast.
- Power Stop Z23 Evolution: These brake pads will help you stop on a dime. They are great for ideal for street use, particularly relatively quick driving.
- EBC Green Stuff: Green Stuff brakes are one of EBC’s more entry-level tiers of performance. They provide great braking for “spirited street use.”
- StopTech Street Performance: StopTech is a very popular brand for brake pads. These are designed for high-end street performance. They can provide great bite at cold and hot temperatures.
- Power Stop Z26 Extreme: This set from Power Stop is made with a carbon fiber/ceramic hybrid formula. They are intended for track use and very fast street use.
- Hawk LTS: The Hawk LTS pads are intended for a towering truck or SUV. They will give you all the stopping power you need.
- EBC Extra Duty: EBC doesn’t just make brake pads for racers. These are designed for larger vehicles that need some extra stopping power to come to a halt.
- Power Stop Z36 Truck & Tow: As the name suggests, these brake pads are designed for trucks that are towing. They are highly effective in that role.
- EBC Ultimax: This EBC set is intended for general highway use. They offer a premium upgrade over OEM brakes.
- StopTech Sport Performance: Above, we looked at Street Performance pads. These take things one step further. They are ideal for autocross and similar applications.
- EBC Blue Stuff: If you want the best of the best from EBC, Blue Stuff is the way to go. These brakes need to be warmed up but are incredible for track use.
- TruXP Xtreme Performance Carbon Ceramic: Carbon ceramics are always a great choice. These will boost your braking power without sacrificing driving quality.
Order Your Brake Pads Today
Whether you are looking for brake kits for trucks or just a set of pads for your car, knowing the best brands and models will help your search. The above pads are all great choices. Order some today.