Injectables and cheek filler treatment are becoming popular. This is because treatment helps in defining cheeks and chins. But at cheek filler Toronto it is important to educate patients before going through the treatment. It helps them in taking the best decisions according to their individual needs. Although it is a non-surgical procedure, still for many people it can be intimidating. Hence, below are certain points regarding what to do before and after receiving a filler treatment.
What should you take care of before cheek filler treatment?
For reducing the swelling, below are the recommendations by Cheek Filler Toronto which you need to follow:
Before one week of the treatment
- Do not take over-the-counter medications like ibuprofen, and aspirin.
- Avoid supplements such as Vitamin E.
2 Days before the treatment
- Avoid topical products like Retinol or any “anti-aging” product.
- Do not use hair removal cream on your cheeks. Also, avoid tweezing and bleaching.
24 Hours Before the treatment
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages or it may lead to blood thinning.
- There is a risk of cold sores if you have earlier suffered from it. Hence, inform the doctor in case you are prone to it.
- Plan your treatment two months before your big event so that the face gets healed before that.
Avoid the treatment in the following conditions:
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding stage
- allergic to any ingredients
- suffering from neurological disorders
Things to take care of on the day of cheek filler treatment:
- Remove the makeup and have a completely clean face.
For your comfort, a topical anesthetic or local numbing medication may be applied.
What one should do after the treatment gets over?
- Apply an ice pack
- Doctors may recommend taking Arnica + Bromelain tablets. These are good for reducing bruising and are natural supplements.
- It is advised to have acetaminophen for overcoming pain.
- Do not itch or massage around the treated area.
What if you have swelling? What should you do to reduce it?
- Keep away from intense heat like sunbathing, tanning, saunas, hot tubs, or hot wax.
- Do not perform any strenuous exercise.
- It is advised to have antihistamine during the day. This includes Zyrtec or Claritin which can reduce the swelling to a greater extent.
- Massage the area if the swelling is highly visible.
- You may feel certain areas are firm due to the treatment. This will become soft with time. It may take usually 1 or 2 weeks to get settled.
How can you reduce the bruising post-treatment?
Do not drink alcohol and also avoid a strenuous workout.
You can take Arnica or Bromelain to eliminate the bruising. Doctors recommended eating fresh pineapple. Also, applying ice packs can work.
Whether you are getting the treatment done for the first time or it is your second time, you must consult an expert.